WAVES. Social is an up-and-coming social media agency that operates from Vancouver, Calgary, and beyond. We support brands with social media strategy, content creation, ongoing management, and paid social support. We’re not much for business plans or balance sheets, but we live to help our clients snap, tweet, post, gram, and pin their way into the hearts of their customers. Digital natives at heart, we’re unapologetically optimistic about the internet and we hope you are too!
Social media isn’t just our day jobs, we live for this stuff. When we’re not snapping, gramming, or tweeting on behalf of our clients, we’re on our phones snapping, gramming, and tweeting for fun. We take social media seriously, ourselves ... not so much. WAVES is a small team with big potential and we’re looking for a hard-working, social media enthusiast to join our Calgary-based crew.
WAVES is seeking a full-time Content Coordinator who will write content, schedule posts, and stay on top of client needs as they occur. You will manage all creative assets and ensure that we’re proactively executing all of our awesome client’s goals and objectives. We’ll rely on you to engage with audiences, monitor & gather all data points, present them in an easy-to-read report, and make your best assessment of how we can deliver the finest service. You don’t need to have all the answers but you’ll need to be curious about the industry, a user of all social media platforms, and proactive about solving problems.
- High school degree or equivalent; Bachelor’s degree in creative writing, journalism, marketing, English, or related field preferred but not required.
- 2 years experience in an agency or marketing role preferred but not required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Precise attention to detail.
- Commitment to excellence — working nonstandard hours when necessary, anticipating issues and communicating with diplomacy, identifying emerging platforms and trends to drive innovation.
- Must be teachable and have an enthusiastic, entrepreneurial spirit.
- Experience with social media scheduling tools such as Hootsuite, Buffer, Later, and Planoly an asset
- The charm and a friendly attitude to build relationships (internally and with clients).
Sounds like you? Apply below.